September 2, 2011

Baby Lanie!!! (Alayna)



Hello fam. As you know, Emily gave birth naturally to Alayna Mae Milam on Sunday, August 28th at 7:17am at 8 lbs 2 oz 20 inches. We just went to the doc today to have her checked. She's doing really well. Her jaundice level was 1.3, which is much lower than Hannah's or Parkers was at this point--which is awesome (good job Em). Her weight has dropped down to 7 lbs 6 oz, so Emily is doing som 'marathon-feeding' today... then we're going to get her weighed again tomorrow. Oh, and she was measured again today: 21 inches tall, 14 inches around her head.
Hannah was a little scared to touch Lanie at first, but she warmed up to her quickly and gave her some kisses (yes, I said 'Lanie', that's what I call her)... although, I think she's more interested in watching movies in grandma's car than spending time with her newest competition for mommy's and daddy's attention. Parker is usually pretty rough, but he's been nothing but sweet and gentle with Lanie--it's so cute to watch him kiss her, he's SO careful. Mom and Dad have been taking care of Hannah and Parker (and us) up until yesterday afternoon when Em's parents picked them up to take care of them for a few days. It's been very helpful to have a [somewhat] quiet house recently, and to have prepared meals delivered. Thank you all very much.

Of course, we're not sleeping much, especially Emily, but the cries and shrieks coming out of Lanie's mouth are music to my ears (even with my earplugs out). Emily cannot stop taking pictures of her while she sleeps, she's so darn cute. She is "my precious." I don't know who has what pictures so I've put up a few here for your enjoyment. Thank you all again for all your support, I hope everyone is doing well. We love you all.


No comments: